HOW TO USE A PENDULUM AND PENDULUM BOARD
HOW TO USE A PENDULUM WITH A PENDULUM BOARD:
Below are some basic instructions for the 'first' time user / beginner / newbie that may help you get started. I was given the guidance below by someone very close to me, who is a long time pendulum user and never goes anywhere without her pendulum/s. She walked with me and guided me as I went on a journey to find my first pendulum, as I didn't have a clue. On my journey I came to realise that people just assumed that you knew what you were doing when you came into their shops looking.
I hope the below helps you as much as it helped me:
Everyone has their own way and/or method on '"How To Use A Pendulum". For most of us a pendulum is simply used to get an answer to a question. Pendulums can be used for so many things like helping find objects that have been lost/misplaced (worked for me), helping make decisions and once in a while help settle an argument (let's not go there hahahaha).
Using a pendulum can be done simply or with great ritual. There is no "you need to do it this way, you need to do it that way" method ........... simply put, what feels right for you is the right way!!!
FINDING YOUR PENDULUM OR SHOULD WE SAY YOUR PENDULUM FINDING YOU:
How do you know if a pendulum is right for you? I found the easiest way to see if the pendulum you have just picked has chosen you is to see if it swings. Simple as that. Hold the chain/fob of the pendulum between your thumb and forefinger (I usually hold the fob about 3/4 of the way up, depending on the length of the chain, and hold any excess chain in the palm of my hand with my other fingers). Now let the pendulum just hang for a few seconds, take a nice breath in and out and relax for a few seconds, if the pendulum starts to swing then it is connected with you, the strong the swing the stronger the connection - if there is no swing there is no connection - and it is as simple as that. (A swing can be in a circular motion or side to side, forward or backward motion).
Once you have or should I say, once your pendulum has found you - you can start asking your pendulum questions. But, before you start you must remember that the pendulum 'your' pendulum can only answer simple yes/no questions. Asking a question like: "Which one should I take, the green handbag or the red handbag?" will not give you a yes/no answer, and will possible just have your pendulum spinning in circles.
If you are using your pendulum with a pendulum board the swing of the pendulum will advise you if you need to "rephrase" your question. Asking a question like the one above will most probably generate a response such as 'rephrase', 'maybe', 'don't know', 'not sure' depending on the wording on the pendulum board. Your question may need to be rephrased to a simpler question such as "Should I take the green handbag?" if it swings to NO then you know you should take the red handbag.
NOW WE ARE READY TO START:
- Find your quiet space, your mystical space, mediation room, a place where you can sit without being interrupted for about 30 minutes.You can put some meditation music on softly in the background, light a candle, incense or you can just have silence - anything that you like to do to help you relax.
- Find a comfortable place to sit, place your pendulum board in front of you. Sit up straight and keep both feet flat on the floor. Hold your pendulum’s fob in-between your thumb and forefinger while keeping your wrist arched. Make sure that your forearm is steady and then just let the pendulum dangle. Now just relax and centre yourself as much as you can. You can do this by simply breathing in and out for a few minutes ....... just relax. You are taking this time to connect to your pendulum.
- Next you need to give your pendulum guidance. If this is your first time doing this, then you will need to program the signals for each answer on the board (yes, no, maybe, etc.) if you are using one. Decide what your signals are, such as “front to back” for yes and “side to side” for no. Then demonstrate these signals for your pendulum and verify the trustworthiness of your programming before starting. You can this by asking a simple question out loud or you can say them in your head if you feel a little bit silly saying them out loud to start with. You can say the following: "Is my name _______?"
- Now you will need to program your source, this is where you will want to call upon your pendulum source. This is to establish that you will be getting your answers from and to ensure your pendulum is not using your subconscious mind. I like to ask for "white light" to protect and guide me while I use my pendulum. (I like to say the following, you can use this or you can make your own - it's hard when you first start as you don't know what to say) "I ask for the white light of my ancestors and the Divine Spirit to surround me, I seek only truthful answers and your guidance, and wish to bring no harm to anyone" Some people might say you don't need to cover yourself with white light and some people say you do - there is no right or wrong way, remember you need to do what feels right for you.
- Now you are ready to ask your question/s. Be patient and concentrate on your question and do not think about what the answer should be. If your pendulum swings rigorously, it is a strong/definite response.
- Let your pendulum finish swinging before you ask another question. I usually say "When you are ready to receive another question please let me know". My pendulum usually lets me know when it stops swinging and just hangs still, this is the signal to let me know my pendulum is ready to receive another question.
- First time users or newbies tend to want to ask a million questions when they first connect to their pendulum. I know I did. If you can have some self control keep your first session to maybe 3-4 questions, if you ask dozens of questions in a session you may end up with a pendulum with the attention span of a two year old.
- Respect your pendulum and it will respect you. As you grow with your pendulum your pendulum will grow with you. Like everything it takes time.
- When you are ready to finish, thank your pendulum by saying something like, "It's time for me to go, but before I do I would like to thank you for your guidance and for your honesty today, talk again soon". Now sit with your pendulum in your hands and just breath in and out for a few minutes ....... just relax. Then sit your pendulum back in/on it's resting spot.
- If you don't have a pendulum board you can use the palm of your hand.
- It's vital to cleanse your pendulum on a regular basis to ensure it remains balanced and accurate. Over time and with regular use your pendulum can collect negative energies. Even your own aura can affect your pendulum over time.